JRA is designed for kindergarten through twelfth grade students who need a structured environment, clear expectations, consistency, lowered stress, more movement, multi-sensory learning and both remediation and challenge. Our ideal student will be able to function within a group without danger to himself or others. She may need direct teaching in social skills, and that will be provided. Within those limits, JRA actively seeks children diverse in race, color, nationality, religion, family structure, and socioeconomic background.
$20,650 for the year, with a $500 materials fee
Limited financial aid is available (see below).
- Call or email the director, Linda McDonough, for a preliminary discussion about your student.
Email using our contact form
- Download the Application Form and send it in with a $50 application fee made out to Just Right Academy, Inc., PO Box 3523, Chapel Hill, NC 27515.
- Schedule a parent meeting with the director.
- Schedule a student meeting with the director.
- Upon acceptance, submit a $1000 non-refundable deposit applicable towards the first tuition payment.
- We will schedule a time with you and your student for pre-testing in reading and math before school begins.
What should I do if I want to apply and know I cannot afford to pay?
Call or email the director. If your student seems like a good fit, apply! To help us in assessing need for tuition adjustment, we are using the services of TADS (Tuition Aid Data Services). This assessment takes into account a family’s income, savings, assets and liabilities, as well as any special circumstances. The application process is fair and confidential. We will use the TADS assessment as a jumping-off-point in arriving at a tuition adjustment that will best work for your family.
If necessary, we will also help you to find additional resources for your child if at all possible. We are not eligible for Medicaid or insurance, but we can provide a letter for you to submit to the IRS detailing how our school day serves your child’s special needs. In conjunction with a letter from your child’s doctor, this may entitle you to a tax deduction. Some further suggestions:
- using adoption assistance funds if your child is a special needs adoption.
- contacting relatives and/or friends to see if any might be able to help.
- helping us with our fundraising efforts. While funds raised cannot benefit a particular student, they do boost our scholarship fund.
To use the TADS Financial Aid online application, click on the green button below. The worksheet button will provide you with a document that helps you gather all the information you will need before you actually apply online. We can also provide you with a hard copy of the TADS worksheet.
We do not want the TADS application fee ($34 per family) to prevent families from applying for tuition aid. We have a limited number of waivers. Please call to inquire about a waiver, or with any other questions you might have.
NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS. Just Right Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin, or sexual orientation to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, or sexual orientation in administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship programs, and other school-administered programs.